Tuesday, January 02, 2007

PALM TREE IMPRESSIONIST TONALIST PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE (CLICK HERE TO BID)



SOLD

"WILD PALM" Palm trees have always attracted me. When I lived in the Midwest I enjoyed vacationing in tropical places, and palms came to represent a vacation state of mind. Now I’ve lived in California for many years where palms are plentiful, but they still have a hold on me. I found this untrimmed palm tree growing wild in an abandoned field. As I painted it the only sounds were the rustling of the dry fronds in the balmy breeze. The opening bid on eBay for this 8”x10” plein air painting is $85, with no reserve. Thanks for stopping to look, and enjoy the view! -- Tom Brown.

3 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

that sounds like it was a lovely day. You really captured the dryness and mood.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, Tom! Great palette, great values, great brushwork, great light! I love it!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

love this one, reminds me of where I grew up in central FL.....or the 3 years years we were stationed in San Diego, sigh, I miss those things up here in CT!!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home