Thursday, May 24, 2007

CONTEMPORARY URBAN LANDSCAPE, DAILY PAINTING (click here to see my other paintings on eBay)


“FREEWAY” by Tom Brown
8x10 Oil / Canvas
SOLD

A freeway bridge, a cyclone fence and a few signs - beauty is anywhere you find it. This is the I-5 freeway in Orange County, with a sign indicating exit 95 and 133 south in case you’re interested in details. The lighting, shapes and color caught my eye and demanded to be painted. I especially liked the reflected light under the bridge and the shadows of trees on the side of the bridge as well as the cyclone fence.

I hope you like this one. If you just can’t live without it, email me at:
tombrownart@gmail.com

I accept PayPal, Money Orders or personal checks. I ship to US only. To see my paintings that are offered on eBay click the headline above this photo. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.

Today’s thought to make you smile:
Finding animal shapes in the clouds

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Yes indeed. I see bridges sometimes while driving and think about how I would paint it. Glad you did. Good work.

8:15 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I caught your blog off Bill Wray's.
I really like how you throw a bit of color into where the light hits objects, like the side of the overpass, the part of the vehicle, etc.

8:56 PM  
Blogger craigstephens said...

Nice one! I love the contrasting forms.

9:24 PM  
Blogger René PleinAir said...

Today’s thought to make you smile:

Knowing that tomorrow there will be an other beautiful painting on this blog. :-D

Wonderful!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ah, Yess! The hand of experience!! Tom you make this look soooo easy. I love the way you simplify everything down to a few (seemingly) strokes! Thanks for coming by my blog. Love your stuff . . .I'll be back!

Best!
Mike

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jared Shear said...

I love this image....something so ordinary and lifeless and you have given in a spark of something special, or maybe because the subject matter is so different from what I usually paint.
Thanks also for checking out my blog as well!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Karen Winters said...

These tall beauties are just wonderful - I can just feel that late in the day glow. The hard texture of the overpass is a perfect counterpoint to their soft forms.

Karen
http://www.karensblog.com

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ron Guthrie said...

Tom you really nailed a lot in this scene. Gorgeous tree work! Lots of scenes like this popping up lately by various artists and some, including this one, are handled wonderfully.
Ron

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Another everyday scene brought to life. A beautiful mosaic of design.

9:16 PM  
Blogger rob ijbema said...

everything works in this good drawing!

3:34 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

NIce I like this one. thanks for dropping by.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home