Friday, May 25, 2007

CONTEMPORARY URBAN LANDSCAPE, DAILY PAINTING (click here to see my other paintings on eBay)


“NEW HOMES COMING SOON” by Tom Brown
8x10 Oil / Canvas
SOLD


Yesterday I posted a painting of a freeway bridge, and today I’m showing another painting that’s a bit different for me - a combination of pristine scenic beauty and urban/industrial subject matter. Heavy machinery is moving in to transform a strawberry farm into modern housing. I liked the stunning yellow of the machinery against the colors of the landscape, and I especially enjoyed the tracks crisscrossing the foreground. I hope you like it too.

Today’s “thought to make you smile” was sent to me by Rene, an artist from Holland:
Knowing that tomorrow there will be an other beautiful painting on this blog.
Thank you Rene!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

There's a place in Georgia on Interstate 95 that sells heavy equipment. They have it all displayed on beautifully landscaped acreage complete with hills and lakes that would be the envy of any golf course.
Great subject.

9:20 PM  
Blogger René PleinAir said...

No thank you Tom,

It's unbelievable how this works.

Thanks really a

Today’s thought to lift your heart:

9:31 AM  
Blogger craigstephens said...

Great little painting. It's a cool idea executed beautifully.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home