Saturday, September 11, 2010

SEA GULLS, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR BEACH PAINTING


"WARMIN’ UP FOR THE DAY"
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN
SOLD

If you follow this blog you’ll know that I am participating in the Huntington Beach Plein Air Invitational again this year. Dozens of gulls were clustered in the sand as I set up my easel yesterday, and I decided to paint these two as a warmup for the day’s painting.

I liked this painting so well that I decided to paint a slightly more involved piece for the official show. The opening reception is Friday, September 24 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at the Huntington Beach Art Center.

If you’re in the area on stop by and say hello. Admission is free and there will be lots of wonderful plein air paintings on display.

Thanks for looking. Have a wonderful day. And if you’d like this painting for your home let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger M R Anand said...

gorgeous depiction of light and shadow!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home