Friday, March 18, 2011

A FACE IN THE CROWD BY TOM BROWN


I'm an incurable doodler. Usually I just play with a pencil and paper while I'm on the phone or killing time. But this afternoon I was grabbing a cup of Starbucks at an outdoor cafe and had my little pochade paint box with me.

I absentmindedly began this doodle of a customer who was at a nearby table.

The pochade box I used for this is about the size of a netbook computer and I probably looked like any other customer surfing the net. Nobody noticed as I sat and did this little oil sketch.

This was never meant to be a finished piece. It's just on a scrap of cardboard, but I liked the spontaneous quality to it and decided to share it on my blog.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Fishback Fine Art LLC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Daniel Fishback Fine Art LLC said...

Nice! It's amazing how these quick pieces can sometimes capture the essence of a subject so well, sometimes better than the more serious efforts.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home