Friday, March 21, 2014

MAIN STREET, SMALL TOWN AMERICA URBAN PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN

"IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE"          
Small towns speak to me. They seem to have a certain freshness and down-home feeling that's missing in larger cities. Whenever I'm on the road and find myself in a "Mayberry-type" town I like to stop awhile and do a painting or two, so that I can savor the memory later.

I came across this charming little town while on a road trip and couldn't resist doing this small oil study. As I painted it a collection of locals gathered to watch their town become immortalized in a painting.

I actually did three paintings that day and two were purchased wet, right off the easel. I hung on to this one for my own keepsake, but now I've finally decided to share it here.

You'll enjoy this one if you happen to feel the same about small-town charm as I do. I think it captures the sense of friendly relaxed pace of small towns everywhere.

CLICK HERE TO BID:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home