Tuesday, August 05, 2014

FREE PLEIN AIR TIPS from TOM BROWN

To bid on today’s painting click HERE.
A brisk morning walk really starts the day right. And when the endorphins kick in, inspiration is everywhere. So I like to be prepared.
The beautiful morning light on this quiet little neighborhood scene is a good example. The colors, the mood, the lighting – it was too much to resist. At times like this you either capture it immediately or it’s gone forever.

I wanted to share with other artists the paint box I used
. It’s perfect for times like this, and for vacations or any time you want to travel light. It’s a plastic clamshell box that snaps closed and seals tightly with my paints inside. I slip it into my pocket before my walk. If something grabs my eye I’m ready to go.

Any small plastic clamshell container will work. I like to line the bottom with palette paper for easy cleanup. A couple of brushes and a couple of paper napkins in my pocket complete the kit.

If you’ve never tried Plein Air painting, check out my PLEIN AIR TUTORIAL HERE. I’ll show you the palette of colors I recommend, an overview of what you should know about painting outdoors (with a step-by-step approach that guarantees success), 4 complete demonstrations, other kinds of equipment I use, and I even show you how to handle wet paintings without getting messy.

Thanks for stopping by, and HAPPY PAINTING.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home