Sunday, October 18, 2015

NEWPORT BACK BAY by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE to bid
NEWPORT BACK BAY
5x7 Oil on Masonite
This was the result of a brief detour along Back Bay Drive while on my way to the ocean for a day of painting. I intended merely to drive through the area and enjoy the view, but one look at the light and colors made me stop to paint it.

There’s a convenient parking lot about a half mile along the Drive and I parked there and set up my easel at the edge of the parking lot. While I painted a constant stream of walkers, joggers and bicyclists were passing by. Quite a few stopped to have a look and chat briefly.

Many artists I know don’t like being interrupted while painting on location but I’ve always enjoyed meeting new people this way.

If you ever spot me out somewhere painting, feel free to stop and introduce yourself. Anyway it was a wonderful way to start the day and I was quite pleased with how this painting turned out.

Thanks for stopping to look, and I wish you a happy day.
Questions? Email me here: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home