Saturday, December 23, 2006

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE PAINTING (click here to bid)


This is one of my favorite spots to paint. Each time I stop here the lighting and colors are different, much like Monet’s series of haystacks done at various seasons and times of day. I painted this entirely on location this morning under hazy skies that muted the colors of the mountains and fields.

I recently posted a panoramic painting on my daily blog showing another part of this landscape done earlier in the year when colors were very different than this; much more vivid. It’s a beautiful spot in Irvine, California not far from my home.

Thanks for stopping to look, and enjoy the view! -- Tom Brown.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Greco said...

This is a jewel of a painting

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home