Sunday, October 05, 2008

AUTHENTIC BUCKBOARD BY TOM BROWN


“RELIC FROM ANOTHER ERA”
by Tom Brown
6x8 inch original oil

Email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

This is another painting I did yesterday morning when I joined an old friend on location for a plein air painting session.

It’s an authentic buckboard from bygone days. When I look at things like this buckboard I can’t help but wonder how difficult life must have been for people from those earlier times. Sometimes we need to stop a moment and appreciate how comfortable our life is compared with those times.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the view.

Today’s thought:
Antiques of all kinds

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Tom - I love this post and the last - very nice work -

2:54 PM  
Blogger Kim Weber said...

Tom, I forwarded this painting to my daughter-she and her husband just returned from the High Sierras and she if reading a book about the Donner party..... she (and I) loved your buckboard! See you the 18th for PA class :-) Kim W

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home