Friday, January 02, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM TOM BROWN




“A MORNING WALK ON NEW YEAR’S DAY”
6x8 inch original Plein Air oil painting
by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

I like to start the New Year by getting out first thing in the morning and painting on location. It gets my year off to a fresh start. This is my first painting of 2009.

A thick fog enveloped my neighborhood when I awoke, and I grabbed my gear expecting to capture that in a painting.

I headed for a local canyon, anticipating the magical effects that fog would bring to the scene. To my surprise, halfway to my painting site I drove out of the fog and into bright sunshine!

I decided to go with it anyway and set up my easel near a trail along the edge of the canyon.

For this painting I used a custom metal paintbox that fits on a lightweight camera tripod. This paintbox is completely self-contained and sets up in moments. I simply open the box and paint. When I’m finished, I close the lid and I’m packed to go. My wet palette and fresh painting are safely contained inside. It’s a Plein Air painter’s dream.

Many friendly people jogged or walked by as I worked and we exchanged good wishes for the New Year. As I brought the painting to completion I decided to add a couple of these friendly folks to the scene. I hope you like it; this is my first Plein Air painting of the New Year.

Once again, I want to thank all my loyal followers who made 2008 such a wonderful year for me. And I want to wish you all a HAPPY 2009!

It is your continued support that enables me to earn a living by adding joy and beauty to the world while doing what I love most.

(By the way, I will teach a new Plein Air Workshop beginning on January 10th and there are still a few spots open. We will meet on Saturday mornings for 5 weeks at various locations around Orange County, California. Email me for further details if you’re interested in attending: tombrownstudio@cox.net)

Thank you again for making 2008 such a wonderful year. I have some new and exciting things planned for 2009, so please stay tuned.

I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home