Friday, January 23, 2009

STORM CLOUDS PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“THUNDERHEAD OVER SADDLEBACK MOUNTAIN”
8x6 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown
Email for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

We had to postpone filming of a new TV segment here when unexpected rain made it too risky to bring expensive film equipment outdoors.

I decided to go it alone anyway, and try to capture this in a painting. The light and clouds changed constantly as you can see in these photos. Fortunately I completed the painting and made it to the safety of my car before the rain came down.

Thanks for looking. Stay dry and have a nice day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacki Newell said...

Tom, I'm so glad you braved the weather and painted that gorgeous scene.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Oh yes I agree - just superb! Just goes to prove to me that I really don't need sun to paint something amazing. No more excuses!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home