Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BARN, PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“ANCIENT ONE”
8x6 inch original oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

I was raised in farm country and barns have always been among my favorite subjects to paint. In this scene I was attracted by the pattern of light and shadow across the face of the barn, as well as the path leading toward it. The handmade fence brought added interest to this simple country scene. It was a warm day with a fresh breeze. A perfect day for painting outdoors.

By the way if you’re an artist living in Orange County, California you may want to join my group of plein air painters this Saturday morning. I’m teaching a private workshop at the ocean, and newcomers are welcome. There is a small fee for the day’s session; email me for details if you’re interested: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home