Monday, September 06, 2010

STORM CLOUDS, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR


"THE SILVER LINING"
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

Crackling thunder and ominous skies didn’t hold much promise for painting outdoors. Then suddenly, a window in the clouds opened and a slice of clean light sparkled across the road ahead.

There it is, I thought! Today’s painting!

The break in the clouds lasted just long enough for me to capture it in this painting. Bullet sized raindrops began pounding down as I finished. I ducked into my car and safely tucked away this painting. Got it!

It was a perfect day after all. The clean, fresh scent of rain sweetened the air as I made my way happily down the road. I hope this adds a bit of freshness to your day. Thanks for looking.

If you’d like this little treasure for your walls, let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Love those clouds!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kim Weber said...

This painting brings back childhood memories- it looks like the country home and road where I grew up, near the Cascades, north of Seattle. The sky was always overcast and I rode my bike down the road to play with my friends. Thanks for the happy memory Tom- I love this little piece!

11:03 AM  
Blogger M R Anand said...

very lively painting. the scenery is beautiful! thanks for sharing and livening up my day! the videos of palette knife paintings are gorgeous!

6:22 PM  
Blogger artistbarb said...

I am attracted to it also. I have been drawn to scanning clouds. You might say I'm obcessed with them. I have been photographing them, I have tried to capture them in watercolor, which is very tricky business.
I, too, am in the outlying area of Seattle. I love this painting also! Barbara

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home