Tuesday, April 05, 2011

URBAN PAINTING BY TOM BROWN







SOLD
The texture of the city has a magnetic pull that draws you in. With a romantic grittiness that’s seductive in its own way. I tried to capture that feeling in this little gutsy little palette knife piece.


I wanted to capture the feeling of the concrete and the buzz of the city. Colors here are grayer, more muted than the country landscapes I often paint.


It’s always a delicate balance. I wanted to include exactly the right amount of information to describe the setting, but avoid overworking it with too much detail.


I was pleased with the result. I call this 6x6 inch oil painting “HUM OF THE CITY.” As always, comments are welcome. tombrownstudio@cox.net


PLEIN AIR PAINTERS: My new 5-Saturday series of Plein Air Classes begins this week. I’ve made some exciting changes to the format. Email for details if you live in the Orange County area and would like to join us.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger H.W Dixon said...

This is wonderful! Makes me want to get back into cityscape panting:)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home