Friday, September 30, 2011

TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR PAINTING and WORKSHOP DETAILS







Artists: My NEW Plein Air Workshop begins next week. Come join the group!

These classes are for all skill levels, from absolute beginners to advanced painters. I give lots of personal attention and we always have a great time.

I’ll teach you how to create solid compositions, how to master color temperature, how to create color harmony, how to work with a limited palette and much more.

We meet 5 consecutive Saturday mornings from 9am to noon at a variety of scenic locations around Orange County, California. The first class will be held October 8 in Irvine, California.

Email me for details if you would like to join us.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

The painting above is a 10x5-inch original oil painting that I created as a demonstration during a previous Plein Air Workshop I taught. The subject of this painting was the classic cliff formation known as "Keyhole Rock" at a beach in Southern California.

When viewed from a certain angle the opening in the base of the cliff forms a perfect keyhole, right out of the Treasure-Island-type pirate movies I found so exciting when I was a kid.

I am including a photo of the actual scene as well as a picture of some of the artists who joined me for a day of fun in the sun.

THIS PAINTING IS NOW SOLD.
Thanks for stopping. Email if you would like more information about my upcoming Plein Air Workshop. - Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home