Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ONE DOLLAR AUCTION, 6x8 PLEIN AIR STUDY by TOM BROWN


I painted this preliminary study on location before tackling a larger canvas of the same subject. I sometimes do this when painting outdoors to “lock in” the light and colors of the scene before conditions can change.

I then used this as a guide to keep me on track as I created the larger canvas. Both paintings were done on location the same day.

This is an original oil painting on canvas, and I have decided to put it on eBay with a starting bid of just ONE DOLLAR. This is a three-day auction ending on Friday at 1:13pm.

An interesting note: In the foreground of this study you can see some golden-white homes among the trees. In the larger painting I decided to omit the homes. I also changed the sky of the larger painting to include enormous billowing white clouds.

Click here to bid on this auction or the larger 12x16 inch canvas of the same scene:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

PS: The FREE PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP that I had planned to conduct this weekend has been moved to the following weekend on Saturday morning, January 28. Stay tuned for more details.

Thanks for looking.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home