Friday, February 17, 2012

NOSTALGIA, COUNTRY HOME, PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN



“A STEP BACK IN TIME”
is an original oil painting on a 5x7 inch Masonite panel.

I painted this while standing in weeds beside this rural roadway. I used the compact pochade paintbox that you’ve seen in many of my YouTube videos.

I love that little pochade box. I keep it in the trunk of my car whenever I’m out riding in the country and in a case like this it lets me set up and paint within moments. When I finished, I simply left the painting clamped in place and closed the box. I was packed and ready to travel.

The late afternoon light brought out the rich colors of the scene, and it was my goal to capture that effect. This one has some delicious colors, interesting “edge treatments” and a wonderful feeling of having stepped back in time to a slower paced era. I hope you like it.

Click here to purchase this painting:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350535858410?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home