Friday, March 09, 2012

ONE DOLLAR BID – 18x24 HARVEST MOON ORIGINAL OIL by TOM BROWN



This auction has a $1 starting bid on eBay. It is an original oil painting on canvas, 18x24 inches.

Click here to bid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-COLORFUL-HARVEST-MOON-ORIGINAL-IMPRESSIONIST-OIL-PAINTING-by-TOM-BROWN-/190650752491?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item2c63ab9deb

The full moon was very low in the sky, just coming up. It seemed enormous, and it was a very rich golden color as it hung there. I pulled over to the shoulder of the road at the edge of a farm and quickly grabbed my paintbox from the trunk of my car.

I wanted to capture these effects right away, while I could. I knew from experience that as the moon rose higher it would lose some of the color and would not appear as large.

I used the small pochade paintbox you have seen in many of my YouTube videos to paint a smaller version of this on location (en plein air). I used that smaller study as reference for this larger oil on canvas, which I later painted in the studio.

“GOLDEN HARVEST MOON"
18x24 inch ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
ON CANVAS, READY TO FRAME
by Tom Brown

Thanks for looking
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home