Wednesday, January 02, 2013

NEW YEAR'S DAY 5x7 PLEIN AIR FIELD STUDY by TOM BROWN

 
FIRST PAINTING OF THE NEW YEAR, FIELD STUDY, CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING ON 5x7 MASONITE PANEL.

CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

Each year on New Year's Day I like to get out with my pochade paint box and create my first painting of the New Year.

This is the site where I painted today, on January 1, 2013. The location is the edge of a farm not far from my home.

While I painted this scene the clouds broke momentarily and brilliant sunlight washed across the top of Saddleback Mountain. I moved quickly to capture it while I could.

When I finished the painting I moved closer to the treeline and shot a photo of the scene for comparison with my painting. Unfortunately the light had already moved on before I had the chance to shoot this photo.

Happy New Year, and thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home