Wednesday, September 04, 2013

LAGUNA BEACH, PLEIN AIR PAINTING WITH FREE BONUS SKETCH by Tom Brown


CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

This 5x7 painting was created entirely on location during a Plein Air Workshop I was teaching for other artists. We were at the ocean in Laguna Beach. The weather was perfect, with warm temperatures, gentle breezes and inspiring scenery.

Often I begin a painting by doing a thumbnail rough on the small sketch pad I always carry in my pocket. The sketch helps organize my concept for the composition.

That's what I did for this class at my workshop, and I thought it would be interesting to show the sketch here so you could see how it guided me as I created the painting.

I still have the sketch and I'll ship it with the painting at no extra cost.

I hope you like this one. Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net  

Hey, check out my new YouTube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYLaBQkEF4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home