Sunday, November 03, 2013

COMMENTS and COLORFUL PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN


The way I FELT about the moment was the real subject here. That’s what I wanted to capture in this painting.

The emotional drama is sometimes more important than merely recording details. This painting is a good example.

Things that drew me to this were the warm glow of late afternoon sun raking across the fields. The colors in the sky. The textures of dry weeds in the field. And there was more. The scent of fresh air. Birds in the trees. Breeze rustling in the trees. And the sense of serenity that offered a respite from the hectic pace of everyday life.

Those feelings and sensations were the real subject of this painting. And I felt I succeeded in capturing all that in this piece.

I hope you can feel it as well.

Thanks for looking, and I wish you a peaceful day.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

CLICK HERE TO BID ON THIS 5x7 PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home