Thursday, January 30, 2014

PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN, WITH PHOTO OF SITE


When I’m looking for fresh things to paint I sometimes take short painting trips, just going wherever the road leads me. I pull over when something catches my eye and paint it on the spot.

Painting at the exact moment of inspiration seems to add something special to paintings.

Here, I liked how the big shapes of color and value worked together. And how the shadows danced across the road where I was standing. I wanted to catch the feeling of the sunshine and fresh air. And the stillness on this quiet country road where I was actually able to set up my easel right on the road. I didn’t see a single car the whole time I painted.

Luckily I had my camera and was able to shoot a photo of the site before I left. People often email me saying they learn something by being able to compare my painting with how the camera sees the same subject, so I’m including that photo here today. Enjoy!

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS PAINTING:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF MY PAINTINGS:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home