Wednesday, August 06, 2014

MORE FREE PLEIN AIR TIPS from TOM BROWN

To bid on today’s painting click HERE.
Here’s another painting I did after one of my morning walks. I’ve learned to capture the moment when inspiration is hot. That’s one of the great attractions of Plein Air painting. It captures the EMOTION of the subject, which goes far beyond merely recording facts like a camera does. 

In fact I was so pleased with this painting that I considered not putting it put it up for sale. Maybe it has something to do with how terrific I was feeling after my brisk walk, when I painted this.

Once again I used the pocket kit mentioned the other day on my blog. (Check yesterday’s post for a complete description if you missed it.) It’s so tiny it actually fits in my pocket. And it has everything I need when I spot something I want to paint, like this scene. 

If you’ve never tried Plein Air painting, check out my PLEIN AIR TUTORIAL HERE. I’ll show you the palette of colors I recommend, an overview of what you should know about painting outdoors (with a step-by-step approach that guarantees success), 4 complete demonstrations, other kinds of equipment I use, and I even show you how to handle wet paintings without getting messy. 

Thanks for stopping by, and HAPPY PAINTING.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home