Friday, December 26, 2014

A COLORFUL PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE WITH A STORY by TOM BROWN

Beauty is everywhere if we just open our eyes and pay attention. I captured this scene on the spur of the moment, painting it from the parking lot of a shopping center.

As I exited the store I looked up and saw that the sun was about to set. And a warm, golden light was washing across the foothills in the distance. Wow! Too much to resist.

I knew the colors and light would soon disappear, but I had a small hand-held paint box in the trunk of my car. I quickly grabbed it and went to work, recording the moment in this oil painting. As I finished the painting I shot a photo for comparison with my interpretation of the scene.

As I said, we need to simply pay attention to see all the marvelous things and colorful beauty that surrounds us every day. It’s something to think about as we are about to begin a new year. Thanks for stopping by.

This is a one-of-a-kind painting and when it’s gone, it’s gone. Don’t let this one get away.
Got a question? Email me here:
tombrownstudio@cox.net


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home