Friday, September 25, 2015

$1 ORIGINAL OIL, VENICE CANAL, GONDOLA by TOM BROWN

$1 auction, CLICK HERE to bid
Occasionally I like to explore a number of small  studies for a painting before beginning a larger canvas. These small studies help me to organize my thoughts as to composition, values, and color usage.

That was the case here. I actually did this painting on paper, using the same oil paints that I use on canvas. This was the best of several composition studies I did and I used it as the basis for a larger painting done at a later date.

When this study was dry I mounted it on a firm backing board for easy framing, and trimmed it out to the 4x4 overall size you see here. The overall dimensions include the white border around the painted area. In the right frame this little gem will really bring a touch of life to a room.

 I have put this up for auction on eBay with a $1 starting bid. Click the link above for the auction.

Questions? Email me here: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home