Thursday, March 17, 2016

WHAT A WEEK – READ WHAT HAPPENED


CLICK HERE for this 5x7 inch original oil painting.
It’s been quite a week. Last Saturday in a Figure-painting workshop I teach, a student suggested a certain celebrity as the subject for an upcoming class. I was doing some preparatory studies for that when a collector stopped by, saw my sketches and commissioned me on the spot to do a portrait of that celebrity for their own collection. I have just delivered that commission.
     By the way, there are still some openings in the next figure workshop I’ll be teaching. So if you’re interested contact me before it fills up. ( tombrownstudio@gmail.com ) That workshop begins May 14 and we’ll meet for 5 consecutive Saturday afternoons from 1 to 3:30 in a large studio at the Irvine Fine Arts Center.
     Meanwhile this week another collector fell in love with a painting shown on my blog, which had just been sold. They apparently couldn’t live without it, and commissioned to do a similar painting for their own collection. That commission has also been completed and shipped.
     Also this week an award-winning author from San Francisco contacted me and purchased the rights to use one of my paintings on the cover of his new book. Watch this blog for details and a link to his site when his book is published later this year.
     And a recently retired couple in Florida contacted me to arrange for a painting of themselves for a new home they’ve just purchased, while another couple inquired about a large nude for their new home. I’m still discussing details on both of those commissions, and I’m always happy to work from photos supplied by a client or from my own reference sources.
     This week I was also invited to participate in the inaugural Airstream Fine Art Invitational, which runs in conjunction with Alumapalooza in Jackson Center, Ohio beginning in late May. The show is by invitation only to some of the top living landscape artists including Scott Lloyd Anderson, Len Chmiel, Brent Cotton, Peter Fiore, Tim Horn, and Romona Youngquist. I’m honored to be included and I am looking forward to it.
     It’s been a fun and fulfilling week. Hope yours has been the same.
Questions? Email me: tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home