Saturday, July 16, 2016

OUTDOOR CAFÉ PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this original oil painting.

I've been sketching and painting people in public places quite a bit lately and find it very satisfying. I sketched this couple at an open air cafe area in the local mall.
     I began by quickly capturing them in a pencil sketch to get the gesture and forms down while they remained in that spot. Then once they moved on I added the background at my leisure.
     When I finally had the entire composition established in the pencil sketch I settled in with my oil paints and completed this little jewel. I chose an umbrella table off to the side where I was undisturbed and took my time to do the painting. I was quite pleased with the result, and I hope you like it too.
Questions or comments?
Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net
Good paintings at good prices for good people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home