Friday, July 20, 2018

URBAN SKETCHING WORKSHOPS with TOM BROWN

My one-day workshops on sketching and painting urban settings will be starting soon. Sessions are open to everyone and all media are welcome. Keep an eye here for details.
     BTW – Tomorrow I’ll show you how to make a totally free pochade box. It’s a great way to test your wings if you’ve never painted outside and don’t have any gear.
Here’s the setting for this painting. It started with a simple drawing on cardboard. Sometimes that’s enough. This time I decided I wanted to capture the colors in the scene too, so I painted right over that sketch. After all, this was just done to amuse myself and gather information. It’s great fun.
     In my workshops I’ll be teaching this approach and a variety of others as well. Perhaps you can join us.
     If you have any questions feel free to email me. I don’t carry a phone with me when I’m out painting so it may be awhile before I can reply but I’ll answer as soon as I can.
     Tom Brown
     tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home