Thursday, March 14, 2019

THE STORY OF THIS PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Plein air paintings like this one seem to capture the true spirit of the moment. And they’re always a pleasure to do. This is a 7x9 oil painting on cardboard, painted from the front seat of my car. I was waiting to meet someone and had some time to spare, so I quickly set up one of my pochade kits and went to work. As I painted, it turned out that I had captured the car ahead of me just in time. That car drove off as soon as I had completed that part of the picture. This is something experienced plein air painters are familiar with. And it’s why I tell my plein air students to quickly capture anything that can change or move as they’re painting a scene. I’m glad I followed my own advice. I hope you like the results. Click HERE if you’d like to own this one.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home