Wednesday, October 02, 2019

AUTUMN LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN

A PEACEFUL AUTUMN DAY
8x10 oil on board

$250, Click here.
This one is a personal favorite. What I love most is the dramatic simplicity.
     Lots of soft, breezy edges and muted colors combined with bold, juicy brushstrokes. It’s a delicate balance. I said what I wanted to say, then stopped.
     And that was hard to do. Initially I had planned to add quite a bit more detail like branches, details within the tree foliage, foreground detail, etc.
     But when I arrived at this point I knew any further work would weaken it. I like it so much I debated about even showing it online. In fact if it doesn’t sell quickly it will probably end up in my own collection.
     So if you like it, I suggest you grab it fast before I come to my senses.
     Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking.
     Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home