Sunday, January 12, 2020

VENICE CANAL by TOM BROWN

“MEMORIES OF VENICE”
8x10 oil on board

$150 click here.
Like many artists I found Venice very inspiring. I last visited there years ago and I sketched or painted at every opportunity. I suppose views like this are mundane to locals, but for me it was very romantic. The narrow canals with small bridges over them, the unique architecture, and a totally different way of life.
     A gondolier passed beneath me as I sketched from one of the narrow bridges crossing the canal and I quickly added him to this sketch. During my stay I filled several sketchbooks with reference material like this. I also carried a unique ultra-compact painting kit that I had designed, and used it often.
     Recently I pulled out some of those old sketchbooks, and this is a recent studio painting done from those studies. I hope you like it, and if you’ve ever been there I hope it brings back fond memories.
   Thanks for looking, and I wish you a beautiful day.
   tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home