Wednesday, June 24, 2020

SKETCHBOOK PAGE by TOM BROWN

Original 5x7 Oil Painting.
Click HERE.
This is another of my sketchbook pieces. I love using oil paints in my sketchbooks. Many artists don’t realize the advantages of sketchbooking with oils. But I have a system that makes it clean and simple. No muss, no fuss. Just plain FUN.
    
It’s my private place to do whatever I want. Play, or practice, or sketch the world around me.
    
Many of my sketchbook pieces have found their way into elegant frames and are displayed in my home or on my collectors’ walls.
    
Most people aren’t aware that the old masters often did studies on paper or cardboard too. Many of those studies are over 100 years old, and are still proudly displayed in important museums around the world.
    
So when I get a “keeper” I like to share it. Hope you like this one.
     Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home