Wednesday, August 26, 2020

REVISITING OLD MEMORIES by TOM BROWN

 Click HERE  (5x7 in. Oil painting on board – starts at $25)
In the back of my studio I recently came across boxes of old memories. Among them were newspaper clippings about my first one-man gallery show. And sketches for paintings I intended to include in that show, which I never got around to painting. Until now.
     I finally used one of those sketches to create this long-overdue painting after all these years.
     I lived in the Midwest when I did the sketch for this. I had found an abandoned barn with several windows of this unique design and I did a number of sketches on the spot. Near this window was a large gap revealing a couple of containers left on a cross-beam inside.
     It suggested stories to be told, of forgotten memories and traces of an active life. And it just begged to be painted. And now, decades later, I’ve finally done that. I hope you like it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home