Friday, November 10, 2006

THE START OF ANOTHER GOOD DAY (click here to bid on this painting)


This is the kind of bed you want to wake up in on a frosty country morning. A creaky screen door quietly slapping shut had awakened me, followed by complete stillness. I suddenly realized I had to move fast if I wanted to catch the sunrise on canvas.

The day was in full swing by the time the painting was completed, and I returned for a robust breakfast in this charming old farmhouse that smelled of country hospitality and home cooking. It was the start of a very good day. This is another in a series of bedrooms where I’ve stayed while on painting trips. Let me know if you like this one. And remember to tell your friends about me. Thanks. -

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

This is a gorgeous painting. I admire art like yours that has so much personality with the lose strokes. It is something I wish I could learn to do.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the comment you wrote on my new blog. I love your work too! Do you have any workshops coming up?

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home