Thursday, December 07, 2006

NEIGHBORHOOD SUNRISE (click here to bid)


"VIEW FROM MY STUDIO WINDOW" -- Sunlight the color of honey washed over our neighborhood this morning as I walked into my studio. I put aside my steaming cup of coffee and grabbed canvas and brushes. Working quickly I stroked in key shapes and colors before the shadows could change. And I nailed it!

Many times the astonishing beauty of this view from my studio window has inspired me, always to disappear before I could set up my easel. Today my paints were ready to go - laid out in preparation to work on a private commission. I simply grabbed a fresh canvas and plunged in. The coffee got cold, but the canvas was hot! Tomorrow I’ll do the commission for sure.

COME MEET ME ON DECEMBER 14th, AND WIN A FREE PAINTING! At 6:30 pm, I will be giving a painting demonstration and lecture at the Irvine Fine Arts Center in Irvine, California. It’s free to the public. At the conclusion, my demonstration painting will be raffled off FREE to someone in the audience. Mark your calendar and join me there. Remember – everything is free: parking, admission, refreshments and the raffle. Hope to meet you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home