Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING


“THREE GREAT WHITE HERONS” by Tom Brown
6x4 inch original oil, ready to frame
SOLD


This beautiful marshland is a wildlife refuge in Newport Back Bay, where great white herons are among the many protected species. I always enjoy painting at this location and seem to find a new and refreshing vantage point from which to paint every time I visit. In this scene I was particularly interested in the reflections of the snowy white birds in the water and the feeling of peacefulness and serenity.

Just a reminder that my solo show opens this Friday. Check my recent blog posts for details. Hope to see you there.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Making someone feel appreciated

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger harriett said...

I like the energy in your work.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home