Thursday, May 29, 2008

COWS GRAZING, PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME”
10x3 inch original oil painting
SOLD

I always begin a painting by asking myself what made me want to paint the subject and what I want to express about it. Then I kick it up a notch by asking how I can make the ordinary become extraordinary. From that point on, it practically paints itself. I just hold onto the brush and go along for the ride.

I was quite pleased with how this piece turned out; hope you like it too. If you would like it on your wall, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net and we can arrange it.

If you’re an artist struggling with your work, I suggest you take your paints outside and make it fun again. Plein air painting offers a refreshing escape from the daily grind. You become totally immersed in the moment and painting feels effortless. It’s pure joy.

Your work is sure to improve. And plein air paintings have an honesty that makes them valuable to galleries and collectors alike. So get outside and explore the fascinating world of plein air painting.

You’ll come back home tired but happy. Nothing beats that feeling. Email me and I’ll share some free tips on getting started, just like I teach on my TV show.

Thanks for looking. Scroll down on my blog to see more paintings.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Dancing like nobody’s watching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Tom, I love the color harmony and the economical brush strokes. A real kickin' painting!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home