Tuesday, October 07, 2008

WOODPILE, PLEIN AIR STUDY BY TOM BROWN


“WOODPILE”
Pencil study by Tom Brown
Approximately 12x7 inches
Email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

This is a plein air sketch from 33 years ago! (Signed and dated at the bottom.)

I recently uncovered it in a corner of my studio and I felt it would be interesting to post it here on my blog. It is one of a series of studies I had done as preparation for studio paintings.

Behind a small lumber business far out in the countryside I found piles of logs like this waiting to be split and sold as firewood. The pattern of light and shadow caught my eye and I did this sketch while sitting on another log nearby.

I still think it would be an interesting painting.

Today’s thought:
Firewood

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy wood said...

WOW! I love to draw so much more than I love to paint, drawings like yours really turn me on. Paintings are more like work, but drawings are exhilerating. -Carol

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home