Monday, November 10, 2008

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING

“EARLY MORNING LIGHT”
Plein Air Study by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

When painting on location I sometimes use quick unfinished studies like this to capture the spirit of the scene before it changes. This is one example.

Early morning light and atmospheric conditions are often very fleeting, and there is time for just a few bold strokes before they vanish. Click on the “detail” image for a better view of the color and brushwork captured in this little jewel.

If you would like to try your hand at plein air painting but can’t attend my live workshops, my new “PLEIN AIR QUICK-START PACKAGE” will get you started on the right path. It includes videos from my TV shows and much more.

Plus I have a series of e-books on CDs that also make unique Holiday gifts for your artist friends! Email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s happy thought:
The aroma of fresh coffee in the early morning

2 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

As always, very nice work!!
Do your e-lessons / CDs also discuss how you use these studies to develop your larger paintings?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Tom Brown said...

Hi Marian, thanks for the compliment. I do have a new 2-part lesson on how to develop a smaller study into a large painting back in the studio. For my TV show I was filmed in the studio creating a 24x36 inch painting from a plein air study. I am awaiting a shipment of them and expect to release this 2-DVD set very soon. Thanks for asking.
Tom Brown
Email: tombrownstudio@cox.net
Daily Painting Blog: http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/
Website: http://www.tombrownstudio.com/

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home