Tuesday, January 27, 2009

PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROAD”
6x4 inch plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown
SOLD

The song by John Denver ran through my mind as I painted this while standing in the center of a country road. Occasionally I stepped aside when I saw approaching cars, but they were rare. Most of this painting was done in peaceful solitude and I truly enjoyed the experience. Hopefully that shows in the painting.

If you would like this little gem for your wall, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

I encourage every artist to get outside with your paints and work directly from nature. The key to really enjoying it is to pack light. (See last week’s blog for details on my favorite painting kits.)

I hope the new year is treating you well. Have a good day, and thanks for stopping to look.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

I really need to get out and paint. Really like this! Makes you wonder what is down the road.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home