Saturday, July 04, 2009

WILD PALM TREES PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN








“THE PATH LESS TAKEN”
8x6 inch plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown


This abandoned walking path is very quiet and secluded. In fact the entrance is barricaded but I couldn’t help exploring it and I discovered some beautiful sights as my reward.

Wild palm trees caught my eye. Some of them are actually growing right through a fence. In the distance another baby palm is sprouting and will soon follow the trend.

I had brought along my ultra compact painting kit, and I was soon set up in the shade of the palms to capture this peaceful scene on canvas. The only sounds were the rustling palm fronds and birds in the trees. It was a wonderful way to start the day.

Here are a few photos that were taken as the painting developed so you can compare my interpretation with what the camera saw.

If you would like this little piece of paradise for your wall, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net and we’ll make it yours. Thanks for looking.

By the way, if you are an artist who would like to try your hand at plein air painting you might be interested in one of the latest “electronic handouts” specially created for students in my current workshop.

The e-handout is called “USEFUL TIPS FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING.” It is now available for just $10, and it can be emailed immediately so you can get started right away.

This e-handout gives an overview of my plein air working methods complete with two step-by-step demonstrations. I also provide a complete packing list, tips on how to dress for painting outdoors, and details on an innovative tool for solving perspective problems on location.

It also shows some of my favorite plein air kits including the one shown here. (The entire kit weighs only three pounds and contains everything necessary to complete 3 paintings and safely transport them home.)

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net for details.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Wonderful to see these kind of in action shots. Would love to know what colours you have in your palette.

Emailing you right now about your worksheet.

7:10 AM  
Blogger 2mediocre said...

The electronic handout can be emailed immediately so you can start using it right away. It's loaded with tips and information, including details about how my setup mounts to any standard camera tripod. The kit sets up and breaks down instantly, and safely transports wet paintings to and from locations. I've gotten rave reviews on this! Thanks for looking.

10:10 AM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

I'm completely lost, couldn't you just set up something like a trust, for us idiot trust fund babies, who have not a clue in the world of how to make purchases, without petitioning the court. You have all sorts of stuff that I want, can just send you money and you send me stuff with an accouting of what I bought. I'm serious, I want it all, and an occasional painting. So, can I just send you money and you spend it and send me a reciept, or an accounting. That's all I know how to do, and it's the only way that my trust pays for stuff, surely you have rich collectors who are saddled with trust accounts, it's not that unusual. The trust sends you money, you send an accounting. Could we do that, I am incapable of shopping and i NEED all of the stuff you are selling. Thanks Nancy

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home