Tuesday, May 04, 2010

TOM BROWN VIDEO & PLEIN AIR KNIFE PAINTING




"BENEATH A BIG SKY"
5x7 INCH PLEIN AIR PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN


I painted this breath-taking scene using a palette knife and my custom pochade paintbox that everyone is talking about. (Click the type above this image to watch the video about my pochade paintbox.)

Using that equipment let me set up and begin painting within moments, to capture the essence of the scene before it changed.

I like to alternate between working with a palette knife and my more customary approach to oil painting where I use a brush. Each is unique, and alternating between both approaches keeps my work fresh in both mediums.

If you would like this piece for your wall, email tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Thanks for looking.
- - Tom Brown

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

As always, inspired by your work.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home