Sunday, August 15, 2010

TOM BROWN HARBOR BUOY PLEIN AIR



"BUOY WITH SEAWEED"
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

Newport Beach harbor is filled with “look-at-me” subjects to paint, so why choose a simple buoy to paint? Because a good subject can be almost anything if you simply leave out the dull part.

I painted this yesterday morning during a Plein Air workshop I conducted for a group of other artists. Part of the lesson was that beauty can be found in unexpected places if you simply look. Hope you like this one. I’m including a photo I shot at the time I painted it.

If you would like to purchase this painting, email me at:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

To view my eBay auctions click here:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking. Have a colorful day.
Tom Brown

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky Joy said...

Such a simple object. Beautiful brushwork and color.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Truly a beautiful buoy! Love your brushwork and style!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home