Sunday, August 08, 2010

TOM BROWN HARBOR SCENE PLEIN AIR PAINTING



"SECOND CHANCE"
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL
PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN

SOLD

This painting has a funny story. As I painted this harbor scene the small boat with the two men came chugging past and we called out a greeting to each other.

They jokingly asked if I was quick enough to add their boat to the painting and I replied that I needed them to make one more pass. They did!

They actually turned around and came across more slowly, giving me a second chance. That’s when I snapped the photo. Then I added them to the composition, mostly from memory. (Even I can’t paint THAT fast!) I think it added a nice touch to the painting.

When I began the painting earlier a nice glare was coming through the marine layer, creating a beautiful sheen to the harbor.

I had already captured that effect long before taking the photo, and I’m glad I did. As you can see, this glare had disappeared already by the time I shot the photo. I didn’t get a second chance to capture that effect.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home