Monday, July 26, 2010

ANTIQUE POCKET WATCH, HOURGLASS, TOM BROWN OIL PAINTING


“TIME AFTER TIME”
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN

I enjoy painting outdoors from nature, but occasionally I also like to spend time in the studio like I did when I created this little piece of nostalgia. This was done for pure self indulgence, and it was a true delight to watch it come together.

I kept it fairly loose and painterly to inject a sense of artistic flair. But I was careful to capture the subtle nuances of color and tone that attracted me to the subject. I liked the lighting, especially the reflected color inside the open lid of the watch and the shadow falling across the face of the watch. And I liked the way the light caught the sands in the hourglass.

I decided to put this on eBay. If you’d like to bid, click here to see my eBay auctions:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for stopping to look. Have a great time today.
Tom Brown

1 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Very nice treatment of the light...
Of course your brushwork is always a treat!
Thanks for sharing!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home