Wednesday, November 10, 2010

STUDY FOR CHILD AT THE BEACH, BY TOM BROWN


Lay-In for “LITTLE TREASURE”
6x8 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown
I want to thank everyone for all the kind emails about yesterday’s painting. Because of that I thought it might be interesting to show this initial stage of the painting.

This was my initial “lay-in” for the painting posted yesterday. As I explained, I spotted this girl playing in the sand at the ocean and I did a few pencil sketches to capture the feeling I wanted to paint.

Then I immediately launched into the actual painting. This was my initial drawing on the canvas, using a brush and thinned ochre oil paint. A friend snapped this photo as I began the painting, and I’m now able to share it with you on my blog. The painting was completed by working on top of this lay-in.

The painting is on eBay with a VERY low starting bid for a short time. Click here to bid:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking, and thanks for all the kind words.
Have a peaceful day,
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home