Wednesday, December 08, 2010

CHRISTMAS PAINTING, SMALL WORKS SALE BY TOM BROWN



See my big “SMALL WORKS” sale on eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Today’s painting:
“CHRISTMAS MEMORY”
10x8 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown
SOLD

About today’s painting:
This is a childhood memory that I have shared before, and in the spirit of the Christmas Season I wanted to share it again.

When I was small, someone had placed a shiny red ornament on a pine tree in a local park; a Christmas surprise for little boys like me to discover.

My brothers and I had excitedly raced off to the park that morning when we discovered fresh snow. As we neared the top of our favorite sledding hill we spotted it. Hanging like a mystery in “the big tree” was a large red ornament, sparkling in the sun. (Did Santa do it?) We were awestruck!

This painting was done from the memory of that magical moment. My brothers and I never learned who had left this wonderful gift. But the wonder of it stays with me to this day.

Thank you, whoever you were.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

No surprised it sold... It is really pretty!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home