Monday, April 18, 2011

CLOUD WATCHING BY TOM BROWN



SOLD

Remember watching clouds when you were a small child? And spotting shapes that looked like wonderful imaginary things. I’ve never gotten over that fascination with cloud watching.


Yesterday I mentioned that playing with my paints is like therapy; a way to find peace and contentment. The noise and hurry of daily life is put aside and for a time the world stands still.


This is another painting that brought me that sense of escape. I call this one “CLOUD WATCHING.”


I hope you feel a little better for having seen it.


This is a 6x6 inch original oil painting on masonite, ready for framing. Let me know if you’d like to own it; it’s very reasonably priced at the moment. tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger William Cook said...

Hi Tom--Just found your site--great stuff. Instant fan. Nice color in those clouds, and as I'm 'watching" them, I'm noticing they're the same shape as trees. Now I'm going back and forth frantically comparing. I'm looking things over very carefully. Studying. One thing's for sure I can't take my eyes off it--the brush/knife work really holds up. Your other work captures the attention and holds it as well--so it can't be an accident, can it?. My compliments. Wm.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home