Saturday, October 22, 2011

TOM BROWN CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING



I painted this on location during a Plein Air Workshop I taught for other artists. Part of the lesson I wanted to teach was to look for simplicity and clean patterns of values and color in the scene. Then communicate that with a minimum of fuss, skipping unnecessary detail if it didn’t add to the quality of the statement. I think this painting achieved that objective. I hope you like it.

“SPARKLING WATER” is a 5x7 inch original plein air oil painting I’ve put on eBay with a very low starting bid. If you like it, place a bid now before I change my mind. (I can’t raise the starting bid once a bid has been placed.) Click here to bid:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking, Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home